Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-12 Origin: Site
Calcium propionate is a safe and reliable fungicide for food and feed approved by who and FAO. Calcium propionate, like other fats, can be absorbed by human beings and animals through metabolism and supply them with necessary calcium. This advantage is incomparable with other fungicides and is considered gras.
The molecular weight is 186.22, white light flake crystal, or white particle or powder. Slightly special smell, easy deliquescence in humid air. Salt monohydrate is a colorless monoclinic plate crystal. It is easily soluble in water and slightly soluble in ethanol. It has a wide range of antibacterial activities against molds, yeasts and bacteria. It can be used in bread and pastry as a preservative. The lower the pH value is, the higher the preservative effect is. Calcium propionate is almost nontoxic to human body. It can be used as antiseptic thorn in cosmetics. The maximum allowable concentration is 2% (based on propionic acid). It should be stored in a dry and cool warehouse. It should be rainproof and moisture-proof during storage and transportation. It is prepared from propionic acid and neutralized with calcium hydroxide.
Calcium propionate is an acid type food preservative. It can produce free propionic acid under acidic conditions and has antibacterial effect. The bacteriostatic effect is affected by the pH value of the environment, and the inhibition effect is the best when the pH value is 5.0; when the pH value is 6.0, the bacteriostatic ability is significantly reduced, and the minimum inhibitory concentration is 0.01%. In acidic medium (starch, substance containing protein and oil), it has strong inhibitory effect on all kinds of molds, gram-negative bacilli or aerobic bacillus. It can also inhibit the production of aflatoxin. It is harmless to yeast, human and livestock, and has no toxic side effects. It is a new, safe and efficient mould inhibitor for food and feed in food, brewing, feed and traditional Chinese medicine preparation.
As a mould inhibitor of feed, it is widely used in protein feed, bait feed, full price feed and other aquatic animal feeds. It is an ideal mould inhibitor for feed processing enterprises, scientific research and other animal feeds.
In addition, in medicine, propionate can be made into powder, solution and ointment to treat diseases caused by skin parasitic mold.
Calcium propionate is white crystal or white crystal powder or particle, odorless or slightly propionic acid odor. Calcium propionate used as food additive is monohydrate, stable to water and heat, hygroscopic, soluble in water, 39.9g/100ml (20 ℃), insoluble in ethanol and ether. Adding the same amount of dilute sulfuric acid into 10% calcium propionate solution can give off the special smell of propionic acid when heated. The pH value of 10% aqueous solution of calcium propionate is 8 ~ 10.
The corrosion resistance of calcium propionate is the same as that of sodium propionate. The effective dose of calcium propionate is smaller than sodium propionate, but it can reduce the effect of chemical leavening agent, so sodium propionate is commonly used. However, its advantage is that calcium propionate can supplement calcium in food in cakes, bread and cheese. Calcium propionate could inhibit the reproduction of Bacillus subtilis during dough fermentation. The minimum inhibitory concentration was 0.01% at pH 5.0, and 0.188% at pH 5.8. The optimum pH value should be lower than 5.5.
Calcium propionate is a new type of food additive. It is a safe and reliable mould inhibitor for food and feed approved by the World Health Organization (who) and the food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). Calcium propionate has a wide range of antibacterial activities against mold, yeast and bacteria.
1. Calcium propionate can be used as mildew inhibitor for food and feed, and as preservative for bread and pastry. Calcium propionate is easy to mix with flour evenly, as a preservative at the same time, it can provide the necessary calcium for human body, and play the role of strengthening food.
2. Calcium propionate has inhibitory effect on mold and aerobic bacillus which can cause bread to produce mucilage, but has no inhibitory effect on yeast.
3. It is effective to mold, aerobic spore producing bacteria, Gram-negative bacteria and aflatoxin in starch, protein and oil, and has unique anti mold and anti-corrosion properties.
4. It is a new, safe, efficient and broad-spectrum mildew inhibitor for food and feed in food and brewing, feed and traditional Chinese medicine preparations.
5. As a feed additive, calcium propionate can effectively inhibit feed mildew and prolong the shelf life of feed. If combined with other inorganic salts, it can also improve the appetite of livestock and increase the milk yield of dairy cows. Calcium propionate has the advantages of low volatility, high temperature resistance and good animal adaptability, which is suitable for a variety of feeds.
6. Calcium propionate can also be used as an additive in toothpaste and cosmetics, which has a good antiseptic effect.
7. A new feed additive, mainly used as mildew inhibitor, can extend the fresh-keeping period of feed. It can also inhibit the production of aflatoxin, but it is harmless to yeast, human and livestock, and has no toxic side effects. It can also be used as food preservative.